Sales & Development Representative- River Area
Company: Core-Mark International, Inc.
Location: Bullhead City
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Discover the power of one and all at Core-Mark Come join the team
that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving
communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Job DetailsDescriptionSUMMARYResponsible for servicing, developing
and maintaining existing accounts in the River Area, Arizona
including but not limited to Laughlin, Kingman, Lake Havasu,
Bullhead City, Parker; while also, identifying, developing and
managing new accounts/new business in your territory's convenience
retail industry.As a Sales Development Rep you will interface
directly with the convenience store customer on a daily basis and
build a profitable business partnership and relationship. You will
educate customers on products and programs available through
Core-Mark and facilitate daily activity required to manage the
convenience store business between Wholesale and Retail. You are
required to meet specific goals for Sales and Profit assigned for
your territory and individual accounts. This includes the
implementation and execution of specific Growth Strategies,
Marketing Programs, Strategic Initiatives, and Company Standards.
Working in tandem with the Territory Manager, you are also required
to help grow market share, through new account solicitation. This
position is fast-paced and multi-faceted, requiring a broad
skillset of sales, merchandising, order replenishment, marketing,
problem solving, time management, and customer service. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may
- Visit customers on a regular call cycle to perform selling and
merchandising functions in-store, including placing orders or
assisting customer with online ordering.
- Provide retailers with Category Management information
regarding high potential new items, emerging trends and
merchandising methods designed and intended to grow retailer sales
and profits sustainably.
- Prospect and grow new sales through establishing new accounts
and increasing sales to existing customer base.
- Support Territory Managers sales strategies and key
- Be customer service focused. Work in tandem and provide support
to Territory Manager and suppliers to promote Programs available
through Core-Mark, such as Food Service equipment installs,
Marketing Programs and other support services.
- Advise accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement
items and review and monitor plus-outs and promotions.
- Ensure follow-up of all logistics according to chain contracts,
including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books,
and informational reports.
- File weekly call reports with Manager noting issues, action
items and be able to handle tracking of action items until
- Comfortable reviewing and analyzing various basic sales and
profit reports designed to convey progress made in achieving sales
results and gross margin growth.
- Communicate with Manager to discuss chain programs, competitive
activities, and store-level opportunities for incremental program
placement and related sales opportunities.
- Comfortable adapting to new handheld and application based
technology for processing and transmitting orders.
- Solicit information from assigned potential new accounts to
determine accounts that meet minimum division qualifications for
volume, cigarette, non-cigarette, profit, expense, delivery, and
- Promote, sell, and secure orders from customers through a
- Make weekly sales calls, within assigned geography, to assigned
- Provide Territory Manager with oral and written reports on
sales activity, customer issues, customer performance, competitive
information, and new business opportunities.
- Effectively communicate Core-Mark products, services, program
features, benefits, credit terms, sales analysis reports and price
- Utilize company data base to develop leads for the Territory
- Operate in a professional manner, representing Core-Mark in a
positive light, with respect for internal and external
relationships. Overcome objections and negotiate effectively with
customers to grow sales and profits.
- Communicate program compliance, contracts, schematics, and
- Capture and report all vendor consolidation initiatives.
Ensures all monthly Smart Stock thresholds are achieved and that
necessary / required items are carried.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including all Safety
protocols.QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years sales, customer service, food service
and/or merchandising experience at the distribution or retail
level. In store direct customer contact preferred.
- Must be organized, able to demonstrate product & services
features and benefits.
- Comfortable with cold calling, able to build customer rapport,
and close the sale.
- Knowledge using Outlook, Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to reach
- Reliable vehicle, current auto insurance and driver's license
record that indicates you are a cautious and safe driver.
- Schedule may require overnight stays out of town.
- Experience in wholesale and/or retail convenience/grocery
distribution, good geographical knowledge, and the ability to be
effective well working independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone, in person, and
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills
including sound methods for follow up
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Interact effectively with all levels of management and
- This person will be passionate, results oriented,
collaborative, have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required perform while to sit
and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, walk;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally
required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.OTHER
- Travel: 2,000 miles a month roughly.
- Work Hours/ Shifts: Typically 8am to 5pm, Monday-Friday.
Occasional Saturday work.About Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE)
www.core-mark.comEstablished over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a
Fortune 400 company that continues to grow, with more than $16
billion in sales, 32 divisions and 35,000 retail locations across
North America and Canada. Core-Mark is a leading distributor of
consumer packaged goods and fresh food to convenience retail
industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing
programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the
largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-like supply
solutions.Our corporate culture provides a progressive,
growth-oriented work environment, where you'll enjoy greater
autonomy, and strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent
benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer
matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, voluntary
benefits, such as pet insurance, and opportunity for advancement.At
Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit
of our employees, our services and our community. Core-Mark is
proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to
equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion,
sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, martial
status, disability, or Veteran status.IND/LV#GD/NV
Keywords: Core-Mark International, Inc., Bullhead City , Sales & Development Representative- River Area , Professions , Bullhead City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!