Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - COTA
Location: Bullhead City
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Symbria is currently seeking a Full-Time?Certified?Occupational
Therapist Assistant (COTA) to?add to our upcoming Rehabilitation
Team at Legacy Rehab and Care Center, a Continuing Care Retirement
Community in Bullhead City, AZ.?For more than 20 years, Symbria has
been providing an outstanding work environment for talented
employees to?deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric
population in?senior-living and post-acute?settings.?Position
Summary?Administer treatment programs outlined by the licensed
Occupational Therapist, participate on interdisciplinary
rehabilitation team in a post-acute rehabilitation environment, and
contribute to all group programs provided by the rehabilitation
services department. Ensures compliance with all state and federal
- Obtain necessary background information from assigned patient?s
- Assist supervising licensed Occupational Therapist in obtaining
specific evaluation data within areas of established
- Seek assistance from supervising licensed Occupational
Therapist to obtain evaluation data outside Certified Occupational
Therapy Assistant expertise.
- Establish appropriate short and long-term goals within areas of
treatment expertise for assigned patients, and select and adapt
treatment techniques to meet established goals and meet individual
- Discuss treatment plan with patient and family as
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as
indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Administer the prescribed Occupational Therapy program to
restore and maintain maximum functions and present disability. The
following modalities may be used for this purpose:?
Therapeutic exercises and activity
for upper extremity function.Therapeutic exercises and activity for
sensory and perceptual skills.Exercises and activity to improve
coordination.Instructions in self-care, including light hygiene,
bathing, dressing, transfers, eating, homemaking, and instruction
in leisure time activities, education in body mechanics, work
simplification and joint protection.
- Able to maintain productivity standards.
- Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance
client care.Work Schedule
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion,
you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client
community, provided the other community is within a reasonable
- Graduate of an accredited school for Certified Occupational
Therapy Assistants and a valid registered license for the state in
- Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation experience
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem-solving skills, and basic math skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer
service.Why work at Symbria?
100% employee-owned company through
an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along
with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this
company!Competitive compensationESOP retirement plan401(k) & Roth
401(k) plansEmployee Assistance ProgramFull-time employees are
eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long
term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off
(PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement.EOE?APPHPT
Keywords: Symbria, Bullhead City , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - COTA, Other , Bullhead City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!