Company: Beacon of Hope BHC
Location: Bullhead City
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Responsible for recruiting, coordinating and directing volunteer
services committed to the philosophy, goals and objectives of the
hospice concept. High school graduate (minimum) with a minimum of
two years management experience in a related professional capacity,
supervising a program, program development or administration.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to plan,
organize and supervise volunteers. Communicates both orally and in
writing. Experience with a hospice program preferred.
REPORT TO: Branch Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY:
Must demonstrate basic knowledge of all activities included in the
volunteer coordinators job description. Must have the ability to
follow instructions from the physician, nursing supervisor and
other professional staff. Ability to communicate effectively with
managers, patients, families and co-workers. Must be able to assess
safety of home situations for self, patients, and other staff
members, including physical and psychological dangers. Must have
the ability to effectively cope with patients, families and all
others with varying backgrounds, socioeconomic conditions, and
Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the patient
and family. Will discuss only those aspects necessary to the care
and treatment of patient and family with those directly involved in
the patients care.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to the
1) Interfaces with the Administrator and/or Patient Care Director
to aid in the overall development and enhancement of the volunteer
2) Develops and conducts a continuing program for recruiting,
training, and retention of volunteers.
3) Supervises and establishes goals and objectives the volunteer
4) Responsible for screening, selecting, evaluating and counseling
of volunteers, to ensure these individuals meet the highest
standards of personal integrity, emotional maturity,
responsibility, flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of the
dying patient and family. Performs annual evaluations for all
5) Assigns volunteers to meet program needs appropriate to
volunteers interests and skills.
6) Coordinates and participates in volunteer training and
7) Interfaces with the Administrator regarding revisions, additions
and deletions of volunteer forms.
8) Responsible for maintaining, revising, editing and disbursing
directories, training manuals, volunteer policies and information
to volunteers regarding any changes.
9) Responsible for documenting and tracking appropriate volunteer
statistical information and other volunteer program records.
10) Assesses and identifies volunteers educational needs and
implements appropriate programs.
11) Participates in exhibits, workshops, promotions and conferences
to promote community awareness.
12) Develops and maintains relationships with clergy, individuals
and organizations within the community necessary to support the
outreach activities of the volunteer program.
13) Assists with ongoing internal and external community relations
program to maintain ties with potential volunteers and
14) Participates in in-service programs and staff meetings.
15) Evaluates own needs for support and using identified system(s)
to meet the need.
Must be able to complete all physical demands of the job, which may
include, but not be limited to: the ability to lift and transfer
patients, carry supplies, and read normal typewritten print. Have
corrected vision and hearing within normal range and have manual
dexterity with normal range of motion of all extremities. May be
requested to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime. Must
be able to work alone without usual support systems immediately
available in acute care settings. Must have the ability to deal
with abrupt schedule changes and to maintain objectivity in coping
with the stress of working with acute, chronic and terminally ill
Employee Name: Date:
Keywords: Beacon of Hope BHC, Bullhead City , Volunteer Coordinator, Other , Bullhead City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!