Office Technician, Bullhead City Area Schools
Company: Mohave Community College
Location: Bullhead City
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Mohave Community College seeks a detail-oriented and customer
service-focused individual to join the Admissions team.
See more details about this position here.
What you'll love about us:
- We create the future by cultivating relentless curiosity in our
students and each other to unlock new opportunities and break
barriers. We take risks, adapt to oncoming challenges and
opportunities, and engineer new ideas as we learn together from our
mistakes and successes.
- We engage fearlessly, bringing passion and energy to our work
by dreaming big, being bold, having fun, and fostering a caring
environment. Celebrating each other and our results with enthusiasm
makes our work meaningful and exciting.
- We build together. Our individual differences and backgrounds
strengthen our teams, where we seek input and ensure every voice is
heard. We amplify our impact when we empower each other to take
ownership and work together toward common vision.
- We live authentically, being our best when we share information
openly, create clarity, invite stakeholders to participate in
decision-making, and communicate with utmost respect.
- We care!We care about our students, our communities and each
other, finding ways to actively engage and invest in the success of
those we serve.
What we'll love about you:
- Your record of excellence in collaboration, working with others
in the spirit of partnership, transparency and care, to inspire
- Your unwavering commitment to the academic, emotional and
social development of each and every student.
- Your strong ethical orientation and ability to make discerning,
- Your excellent communication providing regular, consistent, and
meaningful information; listening carefully to others and ensuring
your messages are understood.
- Your exceptional talents in using Microsoft Office products to
support this high-functioning team.
- Work directly with the K-12 manager to plan and participate in
numerous recruitment efforts which will include events, group
presentations, and personal appointments (over the phone, the web,
or in person).
- Actively participate in meetings with the MCC Dual Enrollment
team to convey information and K-12 needs to the team
- Engage, track and follow-up with high school students,
assisting them in the admissions and registration process
- Provide in person and remote support to high school students
about general information, college courses, financial aid,
registration, class scheduling, advising, and miscellaneous student
- Plan and promote assessment, advising and registration of high
- Prepare a variety of technical documents, which involves:
collecting and verifying information; assembling, compiling and
printing reports; proofreading and distributing reports.
- Process and maintain accurate and detailed records and
documents; prepare student records and associated correspondence;
data entry, document imaging, and retrieve information from
databases and verify the completeness and accuracy of the
- Perform follow-up procedures in a timely and consistent
- Maintain department quality and productivity standards.
- Handle highly sensitive information and confidential records
and materials in compliance with state and federal
- Work with the Marketing and Public Information Office to plan,
coordinate, develop and distribute publications
- Adhere to college, federal and state administrative procedures,
guidelines, initiatives and directives to ensure compliance with
all relevant regulations affecting college operations.
- Perform other tasks of a similar nature or level as
- Associate's Degree from an accredited institution
- Two (2) years or more of experience in an office setting
- Any combination of education and experience that results in
possession of skills, knowledge and behaviors as outlined in the
position's core competencies below.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a community college or
higher education setting.
- Adaptability: Adapts effectively to change by accepting changes
in work processes readily and with an optimistic perspective of the
resulting benefits. Does not need too much time to adapt to a new
task. Handles new standards and work environments will ease.
- Effective Communications: Clearly and convincingly expresses
thoughts, ideas or facts orally and in writing in an open, candid
and consistent manner. Responds appropriately to both written and
oral directives in a timely manner. Listens to others with the
intent to understand and asks clarifying questions.
- Customer Focus: Skillfully serves diverse customer base.
Maintains composure during stressful or difficult situations.
Demonstrates to the customer that they are being heard and that
their feelings about situation are understood. Looks at the
organization through the eyes of the client and his needs; makes
- Ethics & Integrity: Passes on information consistently and
honestly. Treats everybody equally, respectfully and without
discrimination. Guards sensitive information. Gains the confidence
of employees and customer by respecting the confidentiality and
privacy of their concerns and needs.
- Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job.
Anticipates what needs to be done. Achieves results without needing
reminders from others. Takes responsibility for personal
development and the realization of objectives. Successfully
completes most tasks independently but asks for additional support,
as appropriate, when faced with unfamiliar tasks or
- Perseverance: Does not give up when problems arise. Goes on
until it becomes clear the goal cannot be achieved. Able to assess
when to continue and when to give up on an unattainable goal.
- Reliability & Commitment: Shows commitment, dedication and
accountability in one's work, and follows through on all projects,
goals, aspects of one's work. Willingly assists team members when
necessary. Willingly receives assistance from team members when the
- Teamwork: Participates in team activities. Works effectively
and cooperatively with others. Provides team members with
information when requested or as the need arises. Treats others
with respect; encourages and appreciates individual contributions.
Can be relied upon to make contributions of value to the team.
Recognizes the contributions of others. Keeps team members abreast
of individual progress.
- Time Management: Effectively manages one's time and resources
to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Prioritizes and
identifies more critical and less critical activities and tasks;
adjusts priorities as appropriate.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the
following documents on file in the Human Resources office by the
deadline date in order to continue in the application process for
this position. Application materials will not be returned.
- A complete online employment application form. Please do not
state "See Resume" on any part of the application. Blank spaces may
be cause for rejection of the application.
- Cover letter addressing the criteria listed in the job
announcement and your qualifications for this position.
- Resume or curriculum vitae. Optional, but encouraged.
- Transcripts of all college work. (Unofficial transcripts or
photocopies will be accepted to establish the application file.
Official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered
- If any of the above listed materials are missing or incomplete,
the application will not be considered.
- Items 2-4 may either be attached electronically to the
application or mailed to the address below (position number must be
included on all documents):
Mohave Community College
1971 Jagerson Avenue
Kingman, AZ 86409
Keywords: Mohave Community College, Bullhead City , Office Technician, Bullhead City Area Schools, Other , Bullhead City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!