Occupational Therapist - OT - PRN
Location: Bullhead City
Posted on: November 26, 2019
Symbria is currently seeking a PRN Occupational Therapist (OT) to
add to our upcoming Rehabilitation Team at Legacy Rehab and Care
Center, a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Bullhead City,
For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding
work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered
care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute
Patient evaluation and effective administration of treatment
programs, actively participate in the interdisciplinary
rehabilitation team, and contribute to community marketing
activities. Ensures compliance with all state and federal
* Review and evaluate physician's referral and patient's medical
record to determine Occupational Therapy program required.
* Evaluate each patient's current level of functioning using
approved evaluation techniques, tests and observations, and prepare
written treatment programs based on evaluations.
* Administer a prescribed Occupational Therapy program to restore
and maintain maximum function and prevent disability using a range
of therapeutic modalities specific to upper extremity function,
sensory and perceptual skills, coordination and self-care skills
including, light hygiene, bathing, dressing, transfers, eating, and
* Maintain appropriate documentation in the patient chart, and
re-evaluate patient progress and revise treatment programs as
* Communicate Occupational Therapy philosophy and treatment
approaches and goals to patients, their families and other members
of the rehabilitation team.
* Coordinate Occupational Therapy services with Physical Therapy,
Speech-Language Pathology and the Nursing department.
* Supervise Symbria Rehab Occupational Therapy Assistants, monitor
productivity and staffing needs within the community.
* Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as
indicated and submit in a timely manner.
* Maintain productivity standards.
* Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance
* PRN/Per Diem
* Graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy and a
valid registered license for the state in which employed.
* Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation experience
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize,
and meet deadlines.
* Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
and problem-solving skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer
Why work at Symbria?
* 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership
Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have
an ownership stake in this company!
* Competitive compensation
* ESOP retirement plan
* 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending
accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition
Keywords: Symbria, Bullhead City , Occupational Therapist - OT - PRN, Healthcare , Bullhead City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!