Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - COTA
Location: Bullhead City
Posted on: September 23, 2019
OverviewSymbria is currently seeking a
Full-Time?Certified?Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) to?add
to our upcoming Rehabilitation Team at Legacy Rehab and Care
Center, a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Bullhead City,
AZ.?For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an
outstanding work environment for talented employees to?deliver
patient-centered care to the geriatric population in?senior-living
and post-acute?settings.?Position Summary?Administer treatment
programs outlined by the licensed Occupational Therapist,
participate on interdisciplinary rehabilitation team in a
post-acute rehabilitation environment, and contribute to all group
programs provided by the rehabilitation services department.
Ensures compliance with all state and federal
- Obtain necessary background information from assigned patient?s
- Assist supervising licensed Occupational Therapist in obtaining
specific evaluation data within areas of established
- Seek assistance from supervising licensed Occupational
Therapist to obtain evaluation data outside Certified Occupational
Therapy Assistant expertise.
- Establish appropriate short and long-term goals within areas of
treatment expertise for assigned patients, and select and adapt
treatment techniques to meet established goals and meet individual
- Discuss treatment plan with patient and family as
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as
indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Administer the prescribed Occupational Therapy program to
restore and maintain maximum functions and present disability. The
following modalities may be used for this purpose:?
- Therapeutic exercises and activity for upper extremity
- Therapeutic exercises and activity for sensory and perceptual
- Exercises and activity to improve coordination.
- Instructions in self-care, including light hygiene, bathing,
dressing, transfers, eating, homemaking, and instruction in leisure
time activities, education in body mechanics, work simplification
and joint protection.
- Able to maintain productivity standards.
- Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance
client care.Work Schedule
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion,
you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client
community, provided the other community is within a reasonable
- Graduate of an accredited school for Certified Occupational
Therapy Assistants and a valid registered license for the state in
- Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation experience
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem-solving skills, and basic math skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer
service.Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership
Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have
an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending
accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition
Keywords: Symbria, Bullhead City , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - COTA, Healthcare , Bullhead City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!