Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - COTA - PRN
Location: Bullhead City
Posted on: September 21, 2019
Symbria is currently seeking a PRN Certified Occupational Therapist
Assistant (COTA) to add to our upcoming Rehabilitation Team at
Legacy Rehab and Care Center, a Continuing Care Retirement
Community in Bullhead City, AZ.
For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding
work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered
care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute
Administer treatment programs outlined by the licensed Occupational
Therapist, participate on interdisciplinary rehabilitation team in
a post-acute rehabilitation environment, and contribute to all
group programs provided by the rehabilitation services department.
Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations.
* Obtain necessary background information from assigned patient's
* Assist supervising licensed Occupational Therapist in obtaining
specific evaluation data within areas of established expertise.
* Seek assistance from supervising licensed Occupational Therapist
to obtain evaluation data outside Certified Occupational Therapy
* Establish appropriate short and long-term goals within areas of
treatment expertise for assigned patients, and select and adapt
treatment techniques to meet established goals and meet individual
* Discuss treatment plan with patient and family as indicated.
* Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as
indicated and submit in a timely manner.
* Administer the prescribed Occupational Therapy program to restore
and maintain maximum functions and present disability. The
following modalities may be used for this purpose:
* Therapeutic exercises and activity for upper extremity
* Therapeutic exercises and activity for sensory and perceptual
* Exercises and activity to improve coordination.
* Instructions in self-care, including light hygiene, bathing,
dressing, transfers, eating, homemaking, and instruction in leisure
time activities, education in body mechanics, work simplification
and joint protection.
* Able to maintain productivity standards.
* Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance
* PRN/Per Diem
* Graduate of an accredited school for Certified Occupational
Therapy Assistants and a valid registered license for the state in
* Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation experience
* Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem-solving skills, and basic math skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer
Why work at Symbria?
* 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership
Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have
an ownership stake in this company!
* Competitive compensation
* ESOP retirement plan
* 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending
accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition
Keywords: Symbria, Bullhead City , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - COTA - PRN, Healthcare , Bullhead City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!